Tens of millions of compact discs continue to sell each year around the world. On top of that, many music enthusiasts still maintain CD collections, including music they’ve burned on recordable CDs. And with all the talk of “CD quality”, one way to easily achieve CD quality is with CDs. With all of this in mind, our Founding CEO, Tom DeVesto, developed Musica. The single CD slot-loading mechanism is built to rigorous automobile industry standards and plays CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs.
But Musica is more than just a Duetto with an integrated CD player. We listened to feedback from our loyal customers and added an Ethernet connection, two additional Presets with direct Preset access from the remote control, aluminum knobs that extend an additional 4 mm for easier use, and three new integrated premium music streaming services in addition to Spotify Connect, with Amazon Music due in the Fall of 2017.
If you own CDs then you probably already own a CD player, but Musica is much more than just a CD player…it’s a smart music system. Besides playing CDs, you can explore 30,000 Internet radio stations from around the globe, tune DAB/DAB+ stations (European version), stream wirelessly via Bluetooth with AAC and Qualcomm’s aptX for audio, charge your smart device from the USB jack, listen to sound from your TV using the optical input, connect analog audio equipment using the two auxiliary inputs, use the Ethernet input instead of WiFi, and use the included remote control or the free Como Control app for iOS and Android. Musica’s 3.2” color display beautifully reproduces Internet and DAB station logos and album artwork. As if all of this weren’t enough, Musica also integrates Spotify Connect, Tidal, Deezer, and Napster premium music streaming services, with Amazon Music to be added in the Fall of 2017. After the setup, listening to music is as simple as pressing one of the eight presets to turn Musica on and tune to that station or source. There’s even dual independent alarms, tone adjustments, and display brightness settings.
If you’re fortunate enough to own more than one Como Audio music system, you can multi-room a CD or one of Musica’s other sources to one or all of your other Como Audio units and fill your home with your favorite songs. Attractively housed in one of several different finishes, the rigid MDF cabinet also contributes to the high fidelity sound. Unlike many products on the market today that blend traditional audio with new technology, Musica does so with a classic styling and without added complication.
- Selectable analog or digital clock display; Time/date will update automatically via WiFi.
- Single slot-loading integrated CD player plays CD, CD-R, and CD-RW (decodes MP3, WMA).
- TFT color display (3.2"): Beautifully reproduces music service's album art and station logos from Internet radio and DAB stations (EU model only). Also allows control without having to use the app or remote.
- Remote control: Controls many major functions including CD and Presets, yet remains compact.
- Free iOS & Android Como Control app: Use your smart phone or tablet to control the CD player, change volume, source, presets, equalization, tune stations, and control multi-room functions.
- DAB/DAB+ (European version): Over 20 countries outside North America support DAB or DAB+ broadcasting including stations broadcasting in the AAC codec, and the list keeps growing.
- FM RDS: RDS provides song, artist, and radio station information (where available).
- Internet Radio: 30,000+ free stations and Podcasts from around the world in static-free sound.
- Multi-room capable: Place Musica and other Como Audio music systems throughout your home and control them all with our app. Have up to 5 units per zone (# of zones depends on user's WiFi network). Have them all play the same source or control them individually.
- Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP with aptX audio and AAC: Bluetooth allows wireless music streaming, displaying artist and song information, while aptX and AAC provides CD-like sound quality over Bluetooth (from enabled devices).
- NFC: Just touch your smart device to Musica to pair and connect - eliminates the need for traditional Bluetooth pairing and connecting (using compatible devices).
- Spotify Connect: Allows Spotify's 30+ million worldwide premium subscribers to stream from 30+ million songs directly from Spotify's servers, not from a phone or tablet, resulting in uninterrupted music and maximizing battery time.
- Tidal, Deezer, and Napster integrated premium music services with Amazon Music to be added in the Fall of 2017.
- DLNA Version 1.5: Wirelessly stream music from your enabled PC/Mac or NAS.
- Music player allows easy navigation and playback through a USB or network-shared library of music files including AAC+, MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, and ALAC.
- USB input: For music playback from a USB flash drive and other mass storage devices. This USB jack will also trickle charge many smart phones.
- UpnP: Wirelessly stream music from your computer via your existing WiFi network without the need for separate bridges or modules.
- Two high-res audio auxiliary input supports up to 24 bit/192KHz.
- Google Chromecast for Audio-ready and Amazon Dot-ready: Use the 5V/1A USB jack to power those devices and connect their analog outputs to the hi-res inputs.
- Stereo Headphone and Line output.
- 20VDC/3A: Operate Musica from an optional external adapter if desired.
- Class D digital amplifier: 30 watts per channel RMS, enough power to faithfully reproduce your music.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Customized so Musica can provide the most accurate sound reproduction.
- Software updates over WiFi: Convenient, fast, and free; keeps your investment up-to-date.
- Dual independent alarms with scheduling options plus snooze and sleep timer with multiple alarm source options including Internet radio, FM, Auxiliary, etc. (not USB).
- Backlight adjustments.
- Adjustable EQ: Bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls allow you to tailor the sound to your liking.
- Multi-language user interface.
- Transducers: 2 x 19mm soft dome tweeters for extended high end response, and 2 x custom 3" long-throw, 4-layer voice coil woofers with over-sized magnet results in exceptional bass.
- Nearly 1/2" thick MDF enclosure damps out extraneous vibration and yields consistently good sound.
- Anodized (or painted, depending on finish) aluminum knobs and control panel contributes to the sophisticated look. There are no plastic parts used on the front. Most functions can be accessed via the front panel controls.
- Telescoping external DAB/FM antenna.
- Tuned rear bass port for efficient bass response and extended range.
- Powered by Frontier Silicon, the world leader in digital radio technology.
- Eight independent presets: Save not only your favorite stations, but recall them regardless of what source you are in, and also save your favorite sources. You can also turn Musica on and tune a station or jump to a source with the push of a single Preset button.
- Works with 802.11a/b/g/n & 2.4/5GHz routers.
- Wired Ethernet connection.
- Free Internet radio station portal to add stations and customize Favorites.
- Optical hi res input to connect audio from a TV resulting in superior sound over your TV speakers.
- Internal switching power supply 100-240V, 50-60Hz: Can be powered just about anywhere in the world.
- Decor options: Furniture-grade, real wood veneers, and multi-layered, piano gloss finishes.
- Dimensions 5.62in/143 mm x 15.94in/405mm x 6.51in/165.5mm (HxWxD including antenna)
- Weight 9.26lb/4.2kg
Whole House Control
Multi-room began life as Multi-zone, and depending on the system, may have required a custom installer to install it and “train” the customer how to use it. For those wanting a simpler solution, place our models in different rooms, download our free App, and you’ll soon be enjoying music throughout your home. Control your music anywhere, from anywhere. Play different sources in any room or sync all the rooms together to play the same thing. It’s multi-room on your terms.
“A” is for Apple…and Android. Whichever you use, we have the App for you. The free Como Control App for iOS and Android converts your smart device into a wireless, touch screen controller for your Solo or Duetto. Let your fingers do the walking and access functions like power, volume, tuning, presets, sources, EQ, play/pause, view Internet station logos and Spotify album art, see meta data, and coordinate multi-room sound (if you have multiple models throughout your home). You can also set the time, activate the Sleep timer, and perform a Factory reset, all without having to use the controls on the unit. Control freaks, we have you covered.
Some audio products on the market that come with an App often do not also include a remote control. At Como Audio, we recognize there may be times when a dedicated remote can come in handy, so we include one with every Como Audio music system. Duplicating many of the front panel functions and offering a few new ones, the remote provides control for power, volume, mute, ‘now playing’ information, source selection, setting alarms, menu access, tuning, play/pause/track control, saving Internet station Favorites, and even turning the backlight off in standby. Our remote strikes the perfect balance between functionality and simplicity (and it looks cute, too).