Solo unlocks a world of musical entertainment. Tune to an Internet radio station on the other side of the globe, stream music via Bluetooth, or choose to enjoy one of 30+ million songs from Spotify Connect – whatever your preference, let Solo be your music concierge.
Works with Alexa Certified! Use an Alexa device (Dot, etc.) for voice control. After setup, simply speak a command for basic, hands-free control.
"Rediscover the joys of radio, but with a twist: The great-sounding Como Audio Solo has built-in WiFi and streams stations from all over the globe. That means reggae from France or pop from Nigeria are just a preset away."
Meet the Solo
Designed by audio veteran Tom DeVesto, Solo is much more than just a radio: it is a “smart speaker.” It begins with a nearly half inch-thick MDF wood case housing a ¾” soft dome tweeter and custom 3” long-throw woofer. The exterior is expertly crafted using furniture-grade, real wood veneers, or a multi-layer piano gloss finish. The custom Digital Signal Processor (DSP), 30 watts RMS Class D digital amplifier, Qualcomm aptX audio, and 3 inputs supporting playback of hi res files result in faithful reproduction of your favourite songs.
With the touch of a preset button on the anodised aluminium front panel, Solo will power on and begin playing your favourite saved station. Individual sources can also be saved to the presets, allowing Solo to power on and immediately revert to Spotify Connect etc. Moreover, preset playback is independent and not limited to whichever source is playing at the time. Artist and song information, as well as album art, is beautifully reproduced on Solo’s 2.8” TFT colour display and the artwork can even be expanded to fill the entire display.
Filling your home with music is a task especially suited to Solo. Our multi-room feature allows placement of multiple Solos in a single room or in many rooms. Play the same source on all of your Solos, or different sources on different Solos. You can even dedicate one Solo for the left channel and another for the right channel to create a wide wireless soundstage. Como Audio’s free app for iOS and Android is designed to take the mystery out of multi-room. A traditional remote is also supplied to control most of Solo’s non-multiroom functions.
Versatility is another word that can be ascribed to Solo. With a USB input (which also doubles as a phone charger or power for an accessory like Amazon’s Dot) to play music from a flash drive, an optical input to connect audio from a TV and instantly upgrade your TV’s sound, dual alarms, wireless software updates, and an internal power supply that automatically detects the correct input voltage, Solo is a true multi-tasker. The name “Solo” is indeed a paradox because when you become one with the music, you are never alone.
Whole House Control
Control your music anywhere, from anywhere.
Multi-room began life as Multi-zone, and may have required a custom installer to install it and “train” the customer how to use it. For those wanting a simpler solution, place our models in different rooms, download our free App, and you’ll soon be enjoying music throughout your home. Play different sources in any room or sync all the rooms together to play the same thing. It’s multi-room on your terms.
Como Control App
“A” is for Apple … and Android.
The free Como Control App for iOS and Android converts your smart device into a wireless, touch screen controller for your Como Audio music system. Access functions like power, volume, tuning, presets, sources, EQ, and play/pause – toggle Internet station logos and Spotify album art, see meta data, and coordinate multi-room sound. You can also set the time, activate the Sleep timer, and perform a Factory reset, all without having to use the controls on the unit. Control freaks, we have you covered.
Dedicated control right out of the box.
At Como Audio, we recognise there may be times when a dedicated remote can come in handy, so we include one with every Como Audio music system. Duplicating many of the front panel functions and offering a few new ones, the remote provides control for power, volume, mute, ‘now playing’ information, source selection, setting alarms, menu access, tuning, play/pause/track control, and even turning the backlight off in standby. Our remote strikes the perfect balance between functionality and simplicity (and it looks cute, too).
However you like to source and listen to music, Solo can help you do it.
- A world of audio entertainment options:
- Bluetooth: Enjoy Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP with aptX audio. Bluetooth allows wireless music streaming, displaying artist and song information, aptX allows for CD-like sound quality from enabled devices. Bluetooth also provides a music source should your WiFi network be unavailable.
- Spotify Connect: Allows Spotify’s premium subscribers to stream from 35+ million songs directly from Spotify’s servers, not from a phone or tablet, resulting in uninterrupted music and maximising battery time.
- Internet Radio: 30,000+ free stations and Podcasts from around the world.
- FM Radio: Telescoping FM antenna allows you to more easily tune to your favourite local radio station, while FM RDS provides song, artist and radio station information.
- Direct Wifi streaming: Wirelessly stream music from any enabled computer via your existing WiFi network, without the need for separate bridges or modules.
- Google Chromecast for Audio & Amazon Dot–ready: Connect Google’s dongle with an audio cable to the Aux input or connect an Alexa model wirelessly via Bluetooth.
- USB input: For music playback from a USB flash drive and other mass storage devices. This USB jack will also charge many smart phones.
- Multi-format support: Easily reads and navigates through multiple file formats including AAC+, MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC and ALAC.
- Optical & auxiliary inputs: Optical hi-res input to connect audio from a TV resulting in superior sound, as well as two hi-res 3.5mm auxiliary inputs supporting up to 24 bit/192KHz.
- Stereo headphone & line outputs: Listen to your music system over headphones, or output to an alternate media device.
- Multi-room capability: Allows you to place our products throughout your home and control them all with our app. Have up to 5 units per group and up to 5 groups per home depending on the WiFi network.
- Free iOS & Android Como Control app: Use your phone or tablet to change volume, source, presets, equalisation, tune stations and control multi-room functions.
- Remote control: Controls many major functions yet remains compact.
- Classic alarm clock functionality: Enjoy our analogue clock display, or switch to digital. Dual independent alarms come complete with scheduling options, snooze, and sleep timer – multiple alarm source options include Internet radio, FM, and more. Time and date update automatically with WiFi connection.
- Large colour display: Access a wealth of functions and information through our easily navigable, multi-language interface. The Solo's 2.8" TFT LCD display reproduces album art and station logos from Internet radio stations in full colour. Backlight adjustment allows you to control the brightness of your screen.
- On-unit control panel: Multi-purpose knobs and buttons on the display panel allow direct control of the system without having to use the app or remote.
- Six independent presets: Save your favourite stations and sources and recall them regardless of what source you are in. Just select a favourite with the push of a single button and the system powers on and plays. Additionally, “My Favourites” provides almost unlimited storage of favourite Internet stations.
- Designed for style: Complement your décor with a choice of furniture-grade, real wood veneers and multi-layered, piano gloss finishes. Anodized or painted metal knobs and control panels contribute to the sophisticated look.
- Designed for sound: Designed with a nearly 1/2″ thick MDF enclosure that dampens extraneous vibration and yields consistently good sound. 19mm soft dome tweeters ensure extended high end response, while custom 3″ long-throw woofers result in exceptional bass. A tuned rear bass port offer efficient bass response and extended range. The class D digital amplifier delivers 30 watts RMS: enough power to faithfully reproduce audio and fill a room with beautiful sound.
- Custom Digital Signal Processing: Countless hours were spent listening and measuring the system using different music genres at various volume levels for the most accurate sound reproduction.
- Adjustable EQ: Bass, treble, balance and loudness controls allow you to tailor the sound to your liking.
- Software updates over WiFi: Convenient, fast and free, keeps your investment up-to-date. Works with 802.11a/b/g/n & 2.4/5GHz routers and WPA2.
Energy efficiency: Consumes 1.5 watts maximum in standby.
Consumes 22 watts at full volume – 23 watts with Ambiente connected.
- Power input: Internal 100-240V, 50-60Hz power supply eliminates the need for a bulky “wall wart” which can also degrade reception. The Solo has a 20VDC/3A input for use with an external adapter (not included) in lieu of using the supplied power cord.
Dimensions & weight:
Product Dimensions: 4.92"/125mm H (132mm H with feet) x 9.45"/240mm W x 4.72"/120mm D (130.5mm D including antenna)
Product Weight: 4.2lbs/1.91kg
Shipping dimensions: (H) 6.96in/177mm x (W) 11.69in/297mm x (D) 8.85in/225mm
Shipping Weight: 5.95lb/2.7kg
- Two Year Warranty: Como Audio backs all of its music systems for a full two years. (click here for details)